Monday, April 18, 2011

3rd chemo down...

I had my third chemo treatment on Thursday, and it has been really rough on me...so I am going to keep this entry short. I have felt more sick to my stomach and nauseous than the other two rounds, exhausted, and my esophagus has been burning horribly when I eat almost anything that is not "bland," which has caused me to stay awake most of last night in pain that I have never experienced before...not fun. Now I don't want to use this blog as a way of just complaining about how horrible all of this is, but I do want to show the reality of everything that I am experiencing...the best that I can. 

I do realize how much worse my situation and side effects could be, so for that I am VERY fortunate, and am trying to remain optimistic through all of this. The good thing is, I now have another chemo down...and just 5 more to go! 


Thank you SO SO SO much to everyone for all of the great support! I would not be able to get through any of this without all of you helping me through it. It is amazing just how many great people I have surrounding me and wishing me well. I am so appreciative of that!!!

Here are some pictures from my 3rd chemo treatment. I had my mom and dad with me :) 


My dad getting comfy while waiting in the chair across from me :)
Waiting to get pumped full of yucky drugs
My dad and I :)

This is the time I normally catch up on my celeb gossip :)
My mom and I :)       



6 comments:

  1. Steph you look absolutely beautiful, as always. What a trooper!! You are so my hero! Wishing you all of the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Jenniwayz! :) What an honor to be called your hero! You are so sweet! Thank you for all of your support! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to grow up to be as strong and optomistic as you are. I truly believe the cliche that everything happens for a reason even if God hasn't shown us the reason (which he usually doesn't) but someday down the road the light bulb goes on and you think "crap, that's why this happened to me". You are destined for great things and this awful experience that it is now will give you the power and strength to change lives. Love you chickie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Lisa! :) I truly appreciate that and am also a huge believer of things happening for a reason, even if we hardly ever know why. Thank you for the great words of encouragement! Love you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stephanie. You don't know me, but I used to work with Jennifer Williams. I've seen your name and pictures on her Facebook page many times, so seeing you were diagnosed with Hodgkin's caught my attention. I have been following your blog, and am really inspired by your strength and your positive attitude going through this. I used to be really paranoid about swollen glands and obsessed with checking mine all the time! I've known several people with Hodgkin's and Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. It really sucks that it seems to strike people either pretty young or pretty old. (at least that's what I've read) The good news is, out of the 4 people I personally know who've dealt with this, all of them made a complete recovery and have never had a relapse. Your blog is a great way to share your story and I am sure it really helps a lot of people realize you can overcome whatever life throws at you if you stay strong. I wish you all the best with your recovery.

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Heidi, thank you so much for reading and following my blog! :) Swollen glands are so common, and I used to get them when I was very young when I would get sick, but had not had them since then, so it was alarming to find that large one above my collarbone when I did...but am glad that I took action right away to find out what it was. So many people end up waiting and just "keeping an eye on it." I am so happy to hear about the people who you know that have made a complete recovery! I love hearing those stories, they inspire me :) Thank you SO much again for reading and commenting on here! I appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete